Jeremy Kalan | MA, LMHC, LPCC, CPCC
Co-founder of the Center for Healing & Transformation, Jeremy empowers people to heal from the impacts trauma that often leaves them feeling broken, not enough, or empty. He supports his clients to make powerful shifts in their struggles with depression, anxiety, PTSD, addictions, anger, fear, and self-criticism. He also specializes in guiding people to discover their unique purpose in life and to transform all that is blocking them from feeling confident, clear, passionate and excited about who they are and their work in the world. He works with his clients to accept, love, and respect all of themselves so they feel vibrantly alive and free to give their life-enhancing contribution to our world. He offers sessions either 1) in person in his office or in nature or 2) over telephone or video conferencing.
Prior to being a Psychotherapist and Life Coach, I was a Stock Options Trader on the floor of the Chicago Board of Options Exchange. I made a lot of money and therefore was very successful by societal standards. The problem, however, was that I felt empty and unfulfilled inside. I would vacillate between feeling bored and anxious all day. My soul was dying. I longed to know what I was deeply passionate about. I knew I had so much more to offer the world then this job would allow me. I wanted to know my purpose in life and to make it the center point of my life.
One day I got in a bad car accident on the way to work. I was in an ambulance and didn’t know if I was going to survive. I made a silent vow to myself that I would leave trading, and a few months later I did. Life is too short and too amazing to spend your days working a job you hate. As the poet David Whyte illuminates,
So, I embarked on an ever-deepening journey of being who I truly am and facing and moving through my fears. I hired a life coach, took several personal growth classes, joined new communities of supportive people, got trained and certified as a Professional Co-Active Coach, did years of trainings that I detail below, and graduated with a MA in Counseling from Regis University.
I now guide people through this timeless human journey toward self-realization. I know the pain of going to a job everyday that you don’t like and knowing you have more to offer the world, but can’t put your finger on it. It is your birthright to be who you truly are and live your purpose deeply into our world. There is a thrilling, alive, meaningful life waiting for you to claim it! I would be honored to guide you toward your own unique version of that world.
Areas of Specialty
Jeremy skillfully integrates Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Life Coaching and Nature connection in his Individual and Group Therapy sessions.
- Healing Trauma/PTSD
- Life Purpose/Meaning/Career Direction
- Leadership Development
- Life Skills- Decision Making, Purposeful Goal Setting, Overcoming Perfectionism & Procrastination
- Life Transitions (Quarter & Mid-Life Crisis, Divorce, Loss, Move)
- Emotion Regulation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Reconnection with Nature
Experience & Training
- MA in Counseling from Regis University
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach through the Coaches Training Institute
- Trained Practitioner in the Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy Model through the Center for Self-Leadership
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Mental Health Professionals training through Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute ®
- Trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy through the Maiberger Institute
- Licensed True Purpose Coach through the Purposeful Coach Training Program
- Training in Somatic Experiencing ® Trauma Healing
- Counseled clients in the Affordable Counseling Program through People House
- Co-facilitated Support Groups for The Eating Disorder Foundation
- Wilderness Coaching Apprenticeship through the Earth-Based Institute
- Yearlong Soul-Infused Leadership Program through the Animas Valley Institute
- Authorized Team Diagnostic Facilitator through Team Coaching International
- Facilitator for the Awakening the Dreamer Symposium and a leader in the Generation Waking Up Initiative, which is calling in the next generation to wake up and own their role in helping our world
- BBA from Emory University